Sunday, May 15, 2011

This is for Elaine

Happy way too early Sunday everyone! Woke up at 4:45 am to feed Sinbad, then our electricity went out, twice, which means the printer comes off and on (very noisy), the alarm clocks are blinking and now I am wide awake. I am usually up early anyways but I prefer it be on my terms! Since I couldn't go back to sleep I did some paperwork and finished off this card I have been working on. I have to say it was a bit difficult for me, way out of my comfort zone because the challenge is vintage or distressing. Neither one of which is my forte.

The image is by Sugar Nellie and her name is Fabulous Darling. She cunningly jumped into a package I received from my buddy Elaine, who is one of the Sugar Nellie Sweeties and since I didn't want her to feel neglected since she traveled so far, I colored her up. Paper is Curio by Basic Grey, MFT doily die on top and a paper flower I inked up with some distress ink, crumpled and layered with a pearl flower in the center. A little bling in the corners and I am ready to go. So Elaine, I know she isn't as good as yours but I hope you like it. PS do you see where I placed the flower? near the ankle ha ha ha
Posted by Picasa

17 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful card Amanda!!

Lisa Jane said...

oops sorry you had an early start lol.. but just think what you will get done lol
Love this card .. fabulous distressing and gorgeous papers
Lisa x

Jenny said...

Thank goodness for the wee small hours of the morning when some of the best card making is done. Including this card. Just lovely! Hugs Jenny B x

Elaine said...

I've had a tear in my eye this morning Amanda. It's one of those proud moments in my life...you actually inked her up!!
Your card is fabulous darling!!And you even entered the Sugar Bowl Challenge.
I am one proud Mama today :)

Over on Facebook is a Sugar Nellie group so I nicked your card photo to show it off there too..I was so darn excited!
Have I converted you yet?? Do you need me to send some more huh?

Love Elaine xxx

Pami said...

Very cool card Amanda! You nailed the distressing! Looks fabulous! Have a great day, you may need a nap! Pami x

Mary J said...

Incredible, Amanda! You've rocked distressing and love that pink lace - just gives it a little lift! Brilliant!

Tracy Valure said...

Oh Amanda this is ADORABLE!! Love the way you have colored her. Lucky you to have a friend to send you one of these fab stamps. I think they are super cute!
Tracy Valure

Fiona said...

fabulous Amanda...how can you not love these?? Excellent colouring skills and fab layout too!!

Fi
x

Faye said...

Amanda, this fabulous darling! ;) Hope you get a better night tonight. xx

Vicky said...

Simply stunning Amanda..you distress beautifully hun and loving your flower too sweetie...

have a lovely afternoon..hugs Vicky xx

gobeagirl said...

Amanda I can not tell you how much you sound like me. I get up early every morning as well, but like you say my way. lol...I know that this is not your usually type of card, but girl you have really nailed it. Your distressing is Awesome! Very very beautiful card and I love how you made your flower as well. Tell Sinbad that he needs to be nice to his Mommy. :O) Have a great day. Hugs, Lisa

Unknown said...

she's fab!:) love the pink shadow behind her...really a diva-licious card!:):)

xoxo

Diane's Card Designs said...

Beautiful card Amanda. Love the image and all the detail.
Diane :-) xx

amanda stokes said...

Hi Amanda,
This is stunning,gorgeous image and paper :) xx

Patty Sue 2 said...

Oh, my....this is just fantastic. Elaine knows what she is doing when she sent you this cute little stamp. You have done a wonderful job and this is one of my favorite cards yet! You are rockin my dear friend!

Anita said...

Oh, so gorgeous! Of course you had to ink up this beautiful sweetie. And you did a fabulous job coloring her too.

Sarah B said...

What a gorgeous Creation, Thanks for joining in at the Sugar Bowl, good luck tomorrow, Hugs sarah B X