Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mothers Day cards

Happy Saturday everyone and Happy Mothers Day for all of you out there even though it is a day early. My "cat's" were nice enough to have bought me a hanging basket for mothers day so even though I only have fur babies I am still a mom. So thank you Sinbad (who just threw up a hairball as I am typing this) and Lucy.

Ok, onto my cards for today. These are the same stamp, same layout just different papers. One is for my mom and one is for my mother in law. The image is by lotv, colored with copics and flowers from wild orchid crafts and some prima roses.


The sentiment is a gift from my buddy Elaine. She does spoil me I'll tell you. Even sent me one of those darn sugar nellie stamps. We joke around that the stamps she likes have cankles and mine have bug eyes. Guess you can't please everyone! Well, now it is time for me to make a birthday card for my dad. Ugh, I hate making masculine cards but luckily he loves a funny one and I have a great image picked out so we shall see. I might need to go outside and spit to get myself in the right frame of mind. Why exactly do men spit all the time? Pretty much all the guys I know do it but none of my friends do. I have yet to see a women turn her head and spit on the ground. Must have extra spit production from their nether parts is all I can come up with. And with that lovely thought in your head enjoy the rest of your weekend!

7 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh 2 fabulous cards .. what a lovely little image .
The colours are so pretty - i am sure they will love them.
I hope you have a lovely mothers day too.. your little fur babys will be grateful for all you do
Lisa x

Elaine said...

Two gorgeous cards Amanda,I love this image and both perfectly coloured. Fab embellies on them too, you've got the knack at placing the flowers..I could never get the hang of it!
Glad you like the sentiments, but what do you mean "darn Sugar Nellie" I can have you ex-communicated for even thinking that thought let alone typing it! Bad gal!!
As for spitting...I don't think I know anyone who spits so I can't comment on whether it's just a male thing or not, but I did once get spat on by a Llama!
Enjoy Mothers day tomorrow and maybe Sinbad and Lucy will bring you a nice breakfast in bed treat?
Love Elaine xxx

Anita said...

These are so pretty Amanda. Just love that sweet LotV image. I'm sure your mother and mil will love them. You're cracking me about the spitting. You are so right ... women don't do that but men can't seem to stop lol! Have a wonderful Mother's Day with your furballs.

gobeagirl said...

Happy Mother's Day my friend. You make me laugh so much. Too cute about the men. Luckly Jerry doesn't do that although our son has given the idea a try or two. We don't allow him. So he is good about the seat up and the no spitting. I am hoping that it stays that way. Anyway, getting to the finer things in life. I love your two cards. They are both just so darn pretty. I am sure both your Mom and Mother-in-law with love them. Give your babies hugs from the Gobea clan. You know we all love them in our house. lol...Have a great day and let your hubby clean up the fur balls tomorrow if there are any. Hugs, Lisa

pinky said...

Ah how nice are you fur babies to you:) even giving you a fur ball lol. Love both the cards, those flowers are gorgeous.

Clare said...

Amanda the term in pommieland is "gobbing" and yes the blokes do it over here and is just as disgusting lovey!!!. Us women are too lady like to spit don't you know!. Well two beautiful cards hun and your colouring is amazing (total colour envy from me!!!). Your Mum's will be overjoyed with their cards. And how lovely of Sinbad & Lucy to give you a hanging basket for Mother's day, even getting a furball from Sinbad. Oh, see, he is a bloke too, spitting!!!. Look forward to seeing your Dad's card this week. Hugs Clare xxx

Patty Sue 2 said...

Cankles, big buts, bug eyes, no mouth, even trashy... oh my! You are crazy girl...this is the best of the best as far as stamps go! Love the cards and your right Elaine is a spoiler...just like you...I will never get caught up with the two of you!