Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Emerald Faerie image

My card today is one of the new Emerald Faerie images and this is the first week of the challenges and it is anything goes. I used some floral paper in the background, a few flowers in the corner and a MS punched butterfly I glittered up. A little lace edging and a purple bow and we are done. I really need to work on the placement of my flowers, might need to put one in the left bottom corner to balance it out a bit.

I also wanted to share a neat way I came up with to store my paper flowers. I was lying in bed the other night and you know how your mind wanders. Well, I was trying to think of a better way to organize them cause right now the way I have them it is awkward to get to them and difficult to see what I have. I remembered Michaels has these plastic photo storage boxes. It is a case that holds 12  4x6 x1.25 inch photo storage boxes inside of a larger case and I thought those would be perfect to put my flowers in. So I picked one up today and sorted all my smaller flowers and this is what I came up with.



I am pretty happy with it. It is on sale this week and I believe it was about $25 but it is holding almost all of the flowers I have. They are easy to get to, easy to see what I have and what I need. Doesn't take much to make me happy sometimes. My husband might disagree but what does he know?! Let me know what you think.
Posted by Picasa

17 comments:

Berry said...

What a stunning card your colours are superb! Fab flower storage too, unfortunately it wouldn't fit all of mine lol! Thanks for sharing with us at Divas by design 1st challenge hugs Rebekah xx

Lisa Jane said...

ooh that purple really pops .. its gorgeous Amanda . And what fabulous organoisation..can you come sort me out on the way to Pinkys lol
Lisa x

Ronda Archangelo said...

Your card is amazing...I just love the coloring on the snail...such movement! Thanks for joining us for our 1st challenge at the new Emerald Faery Garden.

Danni said...

Love your coloring on this cute image!! Fabulous card! thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Deb Mitchell said...

Ohhhhh stunning card Hun, just beautiful & te colours are so gorgeous too!!!! Wonderful colouring! Thank you for joining us at The Emerald faeries Garden's First Challenge

Hugz, Deb

Clare said...

Wow Amanda your card is gorgeous and the purple is stunning!!!. The stamp is so so cute. You know i thought i was the only mad one who gets brainwaves in the middle of the night when i should be sleeping!!!. What a great idea hun. My last brainwave was to get a sewing machine which arrived today lol!!!. Thankyou for your lovely kitchen comments. Big hugs Clare xxx

Anita said...

Amanda, this is gorgeous. I love that little faerie and you've colored it beautifully. Really like the pop of that purple paper ... hmm, say that real fast 3 times lol! Anyway, lovely card.

Unknown said...

I love purple and you've used it fabulously! Neat little image too, I'm going to have to look him up! Everything about this card is so well done, just a fabulous creation. Thanks for playing along with the very first Divas by Design challenge!

Patty Sue 2 said...

This card is adorable! I love the colors and your coloring is fantastic! I also love your storage idea and I may try to get to Boise next week to try and find one. You do great work in bed...can't believe I just said that!

Natalie Z said...

Absolutely Stunning Card Amanda!!!! Thanks for playing with us at The Emerald Faeries Garden Challenge.

Hugs Natalie xx

Tracey Manderson said...

Oh My this is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at the Emerald Faerie Garden.
Hugs
Tracey

Mary J said...

Amazing storage idea, Amanda!!! Wow, that is a lot of flowers!!!

And I just ADORE your card honey - now I gotta go buy him!!!

Pami said...

Gorgeous card Amanda, love the image and the lace ribbon is fab! You did make me laugh when you said you were laying in bed thinking about storing your flowers! I do that as well, and sometimes I need to get up to try what I was thinking!! Pami x

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amanda. Let me just say how much I love your coloring on this card. What a great color combo and it is just too adorable. Great job my friend. I also have to tell you that about 2 years ago our Staples had that exact photo storage on clearence for $2.50 so I bought the 3 that they had. I have one that I keep my stamps in at the moment and then gave my DD and BFF the others. What a great idea for your flowers. I am going to have to change my over to your idea. I really love it. Have a great Friday. Hugs, Lisa

Karin said...

Wow, I love your fab coloring and the blue highlight behind really makes it pop! Cool storage idea too!

Debbie Pamment said...

Just FABULOUS - LOVE how you've coloured this gorgeous image.
Thanx soo much for joining us at The Emerald Faeries this week!
xXx

Kellie said...

What a really neat idea, thank you for the link!

Hugs xx