Sunday, August 25, 2013

Happy Birthday Debbie!

Sunday evening already, boy do these weekends go quick! Luckily I am off work this week with lots of cardmaking on my list. Of course that list also has a bunch of "non-fun" work on it too but I think I can get some of both done.

I just saw that Mo Manning is having a call for a guest spot and since I ADORE their images, I am definitely going to play along. Here's hoping! I have used the image Patience for the "Happy Birthday" challenge and this is for my friend Debbie. She has had a bit of a rough year (a major understatement!) and although I haven't seen her in a long time she is frequently on my mind. We both have a love for cats so I thought I would make this for her to let her know I love her and I think of her often.

The papers are digital ones from Nitwit (thanks for the link Sharon) and I think you will be seeing a lot more of these, I love them! She is colored with copics and I have used a chalk pencil for a little bit of shading and a prisma pencil for some blue highlights in the background. There is also some "wheat" versamark ink around the edges but I am never able to get it to photograph well. Thanks for stopping by!

Copics:
Skin E000-00-11-13, BV01
Cat  N1-3-5-7
Hair E31-35-39
Pants B21-24-26-29
Shirt YR61-65-68-18,  YG23-25-67
Shoes  W1-3-5-7
Bottle C3, YR21-24-27
Ground E43-44-47

12 comments:

Patty Sue 2 said...

This is so darling...and over the top coloring. Love this fun image also.

Cheryl Valadez said...

Amanda, they don't come any cuter than this! LOVE that fuzzy feline. Gorgeous work as always, my friend! Hugz, Cheryl

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Love the colours and that corner detail is fab. Good luck with the call and have a great week off xx

Jenny said...

Greater colouring as always. Love this image and once again you have inspired me to colour colour and colour. Ta heaps for the list of colours too. Xoxo

Jenny said...

Greater colouring as always. Love this image and once again you have inspired me to colour colour and colour. Ta heaps for the list of colours too. Xoxo

Shona Erlenborn said...

Gorgeous card, the coloring is amazing as always, and that cute image, which your friend is bound to adore!

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!! She'll love it !!! It's super cute /- coloring fab !! & I love the details !!
Digi papers, huh.,??!
Wow --- more things to be addicted to...!?!
Eeek !
:)) :)) :))

Anja said...

This is so adorable! Love this image too and you coloured it so perfectly! Beautiful papers,too!

Thank you so much for joining us at Mo's Digital Pencil this week and good luck in the GDT call!

Hugs, Anja

gobeagirl said...

Oh Amanda, this is just too adorable! If you ask me you are for sure the person they should pick. Your coloring is always so vibrant and beautiful and this card is no exception. I love it and of course you just know I love that big furry kitty cat that she is holding. You did such a great job coloring this. I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you, even though I know that you should have it. :O) Hope you are well and having a great end to your summer. My babies start 10th grade this Thursday, so you can image how busy we are and that doesn't even include the fact that 4 people were off work last week leaving only the 3 of us to handle it all. Talk about overtime, but it always seems like taxes get more of my money than me. lol... Oh, by the way if ever you are at your Michaels and you find any of the enamel dots at a great price will you let me know. I am obsessed with them and I just can't bring myself to order them and spend $4.99 for just one card. Thank you in advance. Hugs, Lisa

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Awww, this is soooo cute. LOVE IT!!!

Unknown said...

What an adorable image! I just love the way you've used a partial frame and those fun little gold embellishments in the corners :) I just found your blog and am your newest follower, love your work!

Best crafty wishes!
Amber
Staying Crafty

Tracy said...

YAY! I'm so glad you're throwing your hat in for the GD spot. I immediately thought of you when we decided to have the call. Wonderfully rich vibrant coloring Amanda. Thanks so much for joining us at Mo's!
P.S. I'll be answering your sweet email shortly. Hugs!