Friday, August 30, 2013

Button bonanza!

Okay, well not really a bonanza. If you know me then my cards have a few embellishments but a bonanza would be a bit of an overstatement! Anyways, our inspiration this week for La la Land Crafts is to use buttons. Now I love buttons but never seem to know how to use them. Definitely something I should work on cause they are truly nice little embellishments.

I have used Tea time Marci on my card today, I don't drink coffee but LOVE me a good cup of tea. Hot or cold, I'm not that picky.

I have used three buttons down the side of course and a sparkly little heart on the corner to balance the image a bit. My birdcage die has been coated with a layer of frontage to add a little texture to it. I am trying to make my shading a bit more dramatic so thanks to my buddy Alyce for her encouragement and inspiration.


 

Copics
Skin E000-00-11-13, BV01
Dress  R20-22-24-272-29   Shinhan R2 and Y21-26 Shinhan BR101
Hair  E71-77-79-49
Teacup  BG32-34

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet card !!! Her hair looks awesome !!
Pretty colors, too!! :)) :))
Xo

Miss NiceRoad said...

love the reds on her dress, and that beautiful collection of design paper!

Patty Sue 2 said...

The first thing I noticed was the fabulous coloring...dang gf you are amazing! Love all your details and this cute image!

Tracy said...

I think I have finally found the only other person on the planet who doesn't drink coffee. LOL You sure did a great job of following Alyce's tips cause the shading looks amazing. Love the birdcage. Got to get me some of that stuff. :-)

Elaine said...

I need to look up some new words cos I can't keep saying 'amazing' and 'awesome' but they pretty much cover my views on your card.
Fab use of frantage, I love the look of it but hate using the stuff..it sticks to everything, me included!

Big hugs
Me xxx