Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Open challenge at Flutterby Wednesdays!

Happy Wednesday people! I think we all know what that means, not only are we half way to the weekend, but it is time for another Flutterby Wednesday and this week is an open challenge. Today I have used an image by Tiddly Inks called Party time Pixies and some patterned paper I used as a main part of my card.


I have added some kraft paper butterflies that I applied gold edging and burgundy stickles too along with a black Viva Decor pearl in the center and a rhinestone flourish for some extra bling. I think the paper was pretty enough that I didn't need to add a bunch of layers and cover it up so that is all I did for embellishments. Ok, make sure you play along and check out the main blog to see what is up for prizes this week!

23 comments:

Vicky said...

Wow Amanda such a pretty card hun..the butterflies look gorgeous on the bunting and great sentiment too :o)

have a super day...hugs Vicky xx

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Hi Amanda,
Such a beautiful card. I definitely love the bling.

Leanne said...

Hi Amanda,
We both had the TI pixies in mind for this challenge. :) Your card is gorgeous! Love the paper and the butterflies are very pretty! The butterfly banner is fantastic! Gr8 share! Happy Wednesday!
;)

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is sweet ..i love the bunting and the gorgeous papers
Lisa x

Maria Therese said...

Sweeeeet card ♥

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie, I love this creation so gorgeous hugs pops x

Shona Erlenborn said...

... and they certainly look "happy". What a lovely creation Amanda.

Hopemore Studio said...

This is gorgeous, amazing, and so beautifully layered.
~Angie

An Occasional Genius said...

Beautiful card Amanda, I really love that backing paper, it makes a fab backdrop for the image x

The Crafty Den said...

Gorgeous card Amanda. The paper is stunning and I love the sentiment - is it a stamp? Hugs, Denise x

Harriet Skelly said...

Amanda this card is gorgeous - that paper is so pretty! Love the butterflies on the banner!

Faye said...

Ooooh I luuuurves the mix of vintage with cute n funky. Very nice. xxx

Lynette said...

Gorgeous paper and cute fairies. Great card!

Ann said...

So pretty, I agree the paper is beautiful. Cute image too.

Anna said...

This is way too cute! Great touch with adding the butterflies to the banner!

Nancy said...

Oh my goodness, this is just FANTASTIC! I too love the accented butterflies on the banner!! Beautiful!!

Mary J said...

Wow, just STUNNING Amanda, lvoe the use of the papers!

pinky said...

Wow this really is stunning Amanda!!

Karen Wilson said...

This is gorgeous .. love that bling and of course those sparkling butterflies!! Thanks for fluttering with us at FBW!

Karen Wilson said...

LOL!!! Really need coffee before leaving comments on DT blogs!! LOL!

Brenda said...

Love that patterned paper - it almost looks 3-D all by itself! the butterflies on the banner are adorable!

Robyn Rinehart said...

great detail!!!!!

Patty Sue 2 said...

I love the butterflies and your dp is beautiful!