Saturday, January 28, 2012

Handmade by you...

Thank heavens for weekends! And that means it is time for another Kraftin Kimmie challenge and our hostess with the mostess this week is Melanie so if you enter and win you will get the awesome Kittie Kapers stamp she used on her card! So our challenge this week is to make your own embellishments. Well, I was trying to think of something different so I tried a new technique for me, quilling.

I'm not sure why my photo looks so crummy so I apologize now. Anyways, I cut out a heart with a spellbinders die and then just curled some small strips of paper and glued them down to fill up the empty space. I am pretty pleased with it I have to say! Alright everyone, let's see your truly creative side now and show us some handmade embellies! And don't forget about the Frugal Friday specials and the January release gimme kits on sale thru tomorrow!

16 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow .. this is fab.. i love that quilled heart - so pretty
Lisa x

Shona Erlenborn said...

How clever! Gorgeous card.

Tracey said...

I love the quilling on the heart!! What a creative idea!! A gorgeous card!

SophiePScrap said...

I love everything about this card! the quuilled heart is a very nice touch, the glitter, the heart border, WOW!

Joey said...

Ack, not sure where my last comment went! this is gorgeous Amanda, I love the rolled up paper in the heart, it looks so effective. Joey x

Queen Mary said...

LOVE the quilling! I'm going to try it!

NanaConnie said...

WOW! Love the quilling and the border punch, Amanda. Marvelous!

Anita said...

Beautiful card Amanda and that quilling on the heart is fabulous.

Ann said...

Very cute card. I love all the glitter on the card. More sparkle is always better. The quilling is cute too. This reminds me of a quilling kit I need to get busy with.

JaniceA said...

Gorgeous Card!
janiceaeschliman.blogspot.com

Kristie W. said...

Your heart looks awesome!! Great job with the challenge :)

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amand, I think that your card look fantastic! I love how you have used the quilling inside the heart to give it the same definition as your red on the side of your card. Just Beautiful my friend. I hope that you and the family are all doing great. Madi is starting to feel better and Mitchell woke up with it this morning. They are both determind to go to school, so I am very proud of them. Last year if they woke up and sneezed they would beg to stay home. lol... I love seeing them grow and gain responsibility as they go. lol... I know I am weird. lol... Have a great Sunday. Hugs to you and the babies. Lisa

Mary J said...

Oh that is BEAUTIFUL Amanda! Gorgeous border punch!

Karin said...

I've never done any quilling, but it looks so fab on your card! Love the colored image on the glittery mat and the border looks amazing!

pinky said...

How romantic is your blog Amanda with all those little floating hearts;) I love your card, especially the swirls on your heart, great idea.

Patty Sue 2 said...

Your quilling is fantastic. Leave it to you to come up with a brilliant idea. Love this card!