Monday, July 15, 2013

Texture!

Good morning everyone! I hope you are all having lots of inspiration and enjoying the weather wherever you might be. Today is our next challenge for the Oozak Challenge Blog and out theme this time is "texture".

I have used an image by Sugar Nellie from their new Return to Fairy Glen release but I don't see it available at the moment. This card is for my sweet friend Patty so I hope she likes it!

I have also used some of the bling I got for my birthday in the form of the butterfly and the pearl on the bow. I have used some frantage embossing powder around the edges of my image (still working with that stuff! tricky little bits!) and used my copic blender pen to create some faint spots on the green mushrooms. Flowers are WOC and a mushroom from etsy. I also used a chalk pencil to darken up the shading on the mushrooms. The rest of my products are listed below and are all available online at the Oozak store.


Atyou spica glitter pens  http://www.oozak.com/search.php

9 comments:

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amanda, I can not imagine anyone not LOVING this card. It really is a work of art and your coloring and design are just over the top! You are so talented and I can not believe how far you have come in the blog world since I first met you. Truly my friend you have a gift and I think this card really shows it off so well. Just gorgeous!!! I love all the colors and I love how you have used colored pencils to make those mushrooms just pop off your card. Hope you and Joe as well as the babies are all having a great summer so far. We have been trying to make time to go and do things with the kids that they haven't had the chance to do, so it has been a busy, but very fun summer for me. :O) Work and play makes for a very tired, but happy Mom. lol... Hugs as always Lisa

Patty Sue 2 said...

I do LOVE this card. I am in the process of buying a shadowbox frame so I can hang it on my wall. Your picture does not even begin to show the beauty of your card. The coloring is over the top and the added touches of the butterfly...what sparkle! This in itself was a gift! I am still doing the happy dance!

Anonymous said...

Very sweet image!! Love it!! Wonderful coloring & of course I love the little mushroom tucked in the corner tying it all together. :)) ;)) So cute!! I know Patty is a happy girl as I've just read her comment!! Yay, Patty!!! -- happy dance w/ you!! :)) :)) :))

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

So vibrant and gorgeous!!!!!! Love the dimension you gave around the image!! Great bow too!!!!!!!

Jenny said...

What 'gobeagirl' said ... ditto!!!! You are so so so talented. hugs x

Kathi said...

Wow. This is fabulous!

Cute image, colored beautifully. I love the shading and must remember to try to use my chalk pencils!

I also love the patterned papers you chose. They couldn't be more perfect. Your flower mushroom corner is gorgeus as is that wonderful butterfly!

Samantha Casey said...

You amaze me! This card is awesome! I love the coloring and the embellishments! Amazing job!

-Samantha

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Holy cow! This card is so beautiful. Love how you added boldness and soft colors together. Makes the images pop.

Elaine said...

Stunning...absolutely stunning.
I adore these images (of course!) but it's your amazing colouring that brings the image to life in the most glorious colours.
Pretty papers, gorgeous embellies..totally awesome!

Big hugs
Me xxx