Friday, July 26, 2013

My first shadowbox

TGIF! And today is also the last day of our La-la land crafts release and I have made my first (but not my last for sure) shadowbox. Today I am showcasing the Christmas Shadow Box along with Christmas Ornament Marcithe Pretty Poinsettia dieOpen Leaf flourish die and the Heart snowflake dies.

I have coated the shadowbox with some glazes I had laying around, they have a slight metallic sheen to them and then covered the hills with some chunky type of mica glitter for some texture. I also suspended my snowflakes with some wire glued to the back and then wrapped around a popsicle stick and suspended from the top of the inside of the shadowbox. This way they move and add a little dimension to the project. This will be so cute at my desk come Christmas time!
Copics:
Skin  E000-00-11-13, BV01 and R20-21
Hair  E21-35-99-57-49
Sweater   BG53-57
Ornament  Shinhan markers  R15-2-1
Dress Shinhan markers  BG57-53-52-51

Shoes  E43-44-47-49

Here is another view of all of the new items available at the store now.


7 comments:

Hanneke said...

What a great shadowbox, so cute! I love the sweet image and colors. Hugs, Hanneke

Anonymous said...

Hey lady-- what a fun shadowbox for your desk!! :))
I like the suspended snowflakes & the very cute colored Marci. :)) :))

~ Jo ~ said...

Amanda this is so pretty! You did a great job for your first shadowbox. I love it! Such a beautiful piece of décor for the Holiday. I love how beautiful you colored Marci. =)

Hugs,
Jo
xox

Patty Sue 2 said...

Another stunning creation! I love this and the open leaf die is lovely! I am not even going to comment on the pristine coloring...beautiful!

Anita said...

Wow, this is stunning Amanda. So gorgeous - I love everything about it!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Wow - this is awesome! I'm glad they made it easier with the die cut! Love your snow drifts and once again - of course - she's colored beautifully!

Elaine said...

Awesome!!
You did an amazing job with the shadow box (not looked at mine yet!).
A sweet image and perfectly coloured, and the dingly dangly snowflakes are inspired.
Love it

Big hugs
Me xxx