Friday, July 5, 2013

Stars and Stripes

Hi everyone! I hope all of my fellow US citizens had a wonderful 4th of July and perhaps even get a nice long weekend. We had a nice restful day with both of us off work and are heading up to our camp for a couple of days then back to the rat race.

Today we were asked to use "Stars and Stripes" as our inspiration for La-la land crafts and I have used Saluting Luka to celebrate the 4th of July.

Papers are again a mish mash as I am trying to use stuff up, my stars are diecuts and they have buttons on them for a little bling and texture. The copics I used are listed below. Enjoy your holiday weekend!

Copics:
Skin  E000=00-11-13
Hair  E21-25-29
Pants  BG90-93-95-97
Shirt and boots  E42-43-44-47-49
Tags  C1-3-5-7
flag   B 34-37-39  and R32=37=59

star  YR21-24-27 

9 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Too too cute! Adorable image, complete with dog tags! Those stars are amazing.

Anonymous said...

Great card!!!! Ok, so be honest... How hard was it to not put flowers & girly stuff all over this boy card...!?!! Lolololololol

Patty Sue 2 said...

this is a WOW! card. I love the image and your coloring ranks with the best. If I bring a large bag of paper will you match it up for me...your paper choices are always the best.

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

What an awesome image!!!!!!!! This would be great for Soldier Socks!! I might have to invest in this one!!!

Love the chevron background paper too!!!

Elaine said...

Double points for this one!!
One fabulous card and a guy card too (always gets double points for a male card!)
Awesome colouring and perfect with the stars.

Big hugs
Me xxx

~ Jo ~ said...

Beautiful card Amanda! Love this lil image and how beautiful its colored. The papers are awesome!

Hugs,
Jo
♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

Kathi said...

So seriously cute! I love the image and the way you colored him.

The paper choice is wonderful and I really like the design!

The star buttons on the diecuts are the perfect finishing touch!

Julie Z said...

TOTALLY ADORABLE Amanda - Love this! I love patriotic things and really love how you did this patriotic design with color. Nice change from just r/w/b; plus it's just the right amount of color! Fabulous! (I have that chevron paper too - one of my favorites!)

And fabulous coloring as always too! You always bring the images to life so well with your fantastic coloring! Absolutely adorable!!!

NanaConnie said...

I used this same image to make a card for my career Marine grandson. Love the papers you used.