Saturday, March 9, 2013

CAS Aaack!

Okay, the awesome and totally crazy Kim is our hostess this week and her challenge is CAS. Not my strong point. I love some of the CAS cards I see but I am always wanting to add just enough that it wouldn't be considered CAS, unless you compare it to some others I guess!

This is Lulu from the Springtime Lulu set. I am so ready for spring and being able to plant some flowers so this cutie called my name.

I layered my dp with some mint green cardstock, stamped my sentiment in the corner and slapped on a flower tada! Oh, I did add some stickles around the edges of the image, I don't believe in a card without some stickles, against the rules I believe. Okay, this should be a quick card for everyone so let's see whatcha got!

12 comments:

Deborah said...

I agree, it's a difficult challenge this time. But your card looks great!! Love the spring colours!!! :-)
Greets Deborah

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

well, this is a great CAS card by your standards!!! So springy and pretty!!!

Have a great weekend!

Mary J said...

Love!!! Great layout and love the simple flower and paper piecing on this, Amanda!

Faye said...

Love that striped apron! Tada! X

Sandy C. said...

Very cute. Amazing coloring. Love the flower. Thanks. Sandy C.

Patty Sue 2 said...

Somehow I can see you dressed just like this putting in your spring flowers. It is a great CAS card! Love the image and the way you colored her.

Anonymous said...

This image just makes you smile. Ditto on the spring. Jan Douglas, Florida

Shona Erlenborn said...

What an adorable image Amanda. Love the stripes on the apron. I think the Stickles push the CAS button! Love it!

Kathi said...

This is just fabulous. Gorgeous coloring, fabulous color combo, great design, a beautiful flower, and GLITTER!!!

Karin said...

She is too cute! Gosh I love her little overalls...If it were me making this card they would be paper pieced, but knowing your coloring skills, I think you may have designed them yourself :) LOVE!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

Hello dear Amanda, I wanted to thank you so much for your encouraging words and compliments you left me on my blog. It was so nice to read and made me feel so much better. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart.
Your new card is absolutely beautiful! I love how you colored the little girl in and the design papers match wonderful.

hugs and hope you have a great week.
Claudia

Julie Z said...

Know exactly what you mean about the CAS dilema! Although, I think I can end up with (note I didn't say pull off lol!) CAS more than you can! This is very cute though - CAS or not!