Friday, February 1, 2013

You're So Sweet!

So glad it is Friday but I have a busy weekend coming up too so have a feeling I will be going non stop for the next week or so. Oh well, that is life at times right? Today it's time for another Stamping Bella challenge and our theme for the past week was "You're So Sweet" and here is my take. And check out the end of my post for some exciting info.

This is Ramona loves Cake and unfortunately, she seems to be out of stock right now. I know Emily is clearing out the store to make room for some new images so I am sure she will be getting in new rubbah soon. She is colored with copics and I used conte pencils for a smidge of shading, still getting use to them. And do you see that MIC chipboard I framed the image with? Can you guess what I painted it with, huh can ya? Nail Polish! Yep, had some glitter nail polish I wasn't using and thought I would give it a go, I am telling you, this is my new go to paint for chipboard! They even come with their own brush haha! Ok, this week we have a sketch for you to play along with.
Good luck, make sure to email your entry to Emily and don't forget about the biweekly challenges we have going over on SCS. Lots of ways to win some bella bucks! And Emily has decided she needs to make room for new stuff (woohoo!) so starting today, Feb 1st thru Feb 3rd, if you use the code "ineedtopurge2013" you will get 15% off everything, including sale stuff!

11 comments:

Faye said...

Ok, pop this one in with the other! Lol. And get you with the nail varnish. I have a whole army of paint I never realised I had. And before I pop off, just wanted to say... Your colouring is outstanding. xx

Mary J said...

Super sweet, Amanda! I love the glittered frame and how you used the sentiment! Fab colouring as usual too!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

yumm......cake!!!!! THis is gorgeous!!

LOVE that you used nail polish!!!!!!!! It looks awesome!!!!!

Karin said...

Aren't you clever! Like the nail polish tip :) Super cute card and I hope you don't wear yorself out trying to do everything. I know the feeling!

Janie Printz said...

What a GREAT tip !!! Nail polish, now how did you ever think of that. I want to see your nails painted that shade Amanda, that would be too cool ... Wonderful image on this card & that paper is just GORGEOUS !!!
Hugs, Janie

Patty Sue 2 said...

I have done this before and it does work wonderfully well! Makes the chipboard look so expensive. I just bought some really'gaudy' fingernail polish at the dollar store...I will give it a try this weekend!

Tracey said...

I love this! What a pretty card!

Julie Z said...

Great chipboard frame and the nail polish looks awesome! I've only seen it used as background accents before - why not a whole piece! Great idea!! Looks fabulous!

~ Jo ~ said...

this card is just gorgeous!!! Wonderful coloring!

Hugs,
Jo
www.jwscrapshack.blogspot.com

Elaine said...

Yep, definitely the sweetest card.
Nail varnish?? Ok well I wouldn't have thought of that but it looks fab! I have lots of chipboard so I should try that out.

Love these colours, bold, bright and beautiful :)

Big hugs
Me xxx

Kathi said...

I've really begun to like these Ramona stamps and it's all your fault.

You're a good enabler. Though I have not given into temptation. Yet.

Gorgeous card. Beautiful coloring, great use of die cuts, and I love the paper layering.