Sunday, February 24, 2013

My parents Anniversary card

Good morning, I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend so far. This week is my parents 59th wedding anniversary and I have made a card up for them as the family is taking them out to dinner tonite. Families, gotta love them is all I can say!

This image is by Sylvia Zet and is one of her latest releases. 

I have colored them with copics and the paper is from my friend Elaine, I wanted to use the Pion papers she sent me but too much of the pretty parts would have been hidden so I chose to go with more of an allover design for the dp. Flowers are woc and a Recollections rose and although the leaves appear almost black in the photo, they are a beautiful deep green velvet irl. I have added a pearl border along the bottom of the image and their names and wedding date onto my heart embellishment. Okay, make sure you check back tomorrow, we are gonna be showing you some sneak peeks of the new Stamping Bella release! I am entering this card for my chance to be a guest designer for the Whimsy Stamps April release, I love their images and their dies are the best out there. Those little tabs on the sentiment dies make it so easy to line things up, love it!

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
Ribbon Carousel  Love is in the Air
Crafty Calendar Challenge  Love and Marriage
Little Claire Designs  Love and Romance
Paper Creator Crafts  Flowery delight

14 comments:

Mary J said...

They will love this Amanda - it is beautifully put together and the sweet pearls are gorgeous!

Sharon Caudle said...

Just saw this on facebook and had to pop over here for a closer look. I ADORE this card, Amanda!! Your coloring is over the moon and I love everything about this!!!
xx Sharon

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Happy Anniversary to your parents. OMG, what a sweet and darling card. I'm sure they'll treasure it forever. Love all the elements and bling you added to create this amazing card.

Shanna Shands said...

This is really cute! Love the pearls!

Jenny said...

Oh WOW! This is just the cutest!!! and that colouring ... love it. Congrats to your parents and Congrats to you ... 200! hugs x

NanaConnie said...

Oh, Amanda, that's so perfect! Love the flower embellies. Your coloring is so amazing! I'm sure this is going to be a treasured keepsake. :-D

Patty Sue 2 said...

Everything about this card appeals to me...it is beautiful!

Faye said...

And move onto the gorgeous colouring and pretty pearl thingy. X

The Crafty Blonde said...

wow, such a stunning card so gorgeous and sweet. Thanks for joining us at Little Claire Challenge this week. xx

Anonymous said...

beautiful card thanks for sharing with us at 2 sisters this week good luck with the challenge Tracy x

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

What a treasure Amanda!!!! OMG - really your coloring is just top NOTCH!!!!!

I love her hair! Perfect highlights! I still don't get these right w/ my prismas!

I love the heart with their names in it too!!! I'm sure they adored it!
Congrats to them :)

Clairebears said...

Oh your colouring is amazing! What a beautiful card. I love it :0)
Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Creators - Flowery Delights Challenge this time and good luck.
Love Clairebears x

Julie Z said...

Omg this is absolutely ADORABLE! Your parents must have LOVED it!

And I concur with everyone else, your coloring is fabulous on this! The hair is SPOT ON! I haven't mastered that and always love seeing how you do it. And the shading on the very front of the dress...never would have thought to put shading there - it's a perfect addition! Always learning from you!

Beautiful, beautiful card Amanda!!

K Clark said...

beautiful card -thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenges - hope you join us tomorrow for a new challenge - Kimberly DT