Saturday, October 30, 2010

Joans Gardens card

This card is for the challenge at Joans Gardens. I have not entered her challenges before but Patty (hey!) suggested I try so hear we go! The challenge this week is to use something green, punches, something for nature except for flowers and a background for our image. Tried to use a nestability but the image is too big so I hope inking around the edges qualifies. This is a CC designs stamp with My Minds Eye paper and some punches I believe from an ek success handheld punch. Got the acorns out of my backyard but I have to say that after I posted this I took them off and replaced them with some paper flowers. I like the acorns but was afraid to mail it for fear they would get knocked off being so bulky. This is a thank you card to a former patient and his wife who very nicely gave me some bathwash when I discharged him so wanted to let them know I appreciated it.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Patty Sue 2 said...

Oh, he is just too darn cute! I love him. I love the acorns, you lucky duck to have them in your back yard. I always buy fake ones out here. (If you show up on my doorstep will you bring a bag with you?)LOL. Look at all those followers. Word is getting out about you...you like mouths....hahaha!

Linda W. said...

Really cute card! I love your coloring!

Joan Fricker said...

Your card is so cute. Your did an excellent job with your coloring. I love the acorns too!

Thank you so much for playing in Joan's Gardens #21 Weekly Challenge and thanks to Patty for telling you about it. Your card made a nice addition.

Joan
www.atjoansgarden.com

Tammy said...

Sweet card, Perfect friendship card for this time of year.

Janie Printz said...

WOW Amanda, what a bright beautiful card. How do you get your colors so bright? They look amazing & I LOVE all the highlites you're making with your Copics... Great job ...
Hugs, Janie