Thursday, October 17, 2013

Vintage challenge

Hello my crafty friends and welcome to the latest challenge for Mo's Digital Pencil challenge blog and today our theme is "Vintage". This isn't my normal style but I have to say I love it and might do it a little more often.

I have used Ragged Angel on my card today and am really pleased with the way it came out.

She is colored with copics and although you can't see it there is a little bit of glitter on her wings, just a touch using a gel stardust pen. I have also frantaged the edges and added some liquid pearl berries to the holly diecut. The sentiment is from Whimsy. Papers are called "Norland" by Farmhouse I believe. They are my favorite xmas papers evah! Okay, thats it for me today, if you come back in awhile you will see another peak at the latest Kraftin Kimmie release too! And we would love to see you play along with our challenge for the next week, you could win a $5 credit to the store!

Copics
Skin E000-00-11-13  BV00  R11
Red Shinhan  R15-2-1
Hair   E31-35-37
Shirt/patches  YR21-24-27
Wings  W1-3-5
Skirt  E41-43-44-47

12 comments:

Debbie said...

Wow, this is just stunning, you really should do vintage more often, you really did it well. The colors just pop off the page.

Hugs
Debbie

Mau xx said...

oh! Amanda I think you should do more for sure. This is beautiful! Love this sweet image and the old postcard and papers are perfect.
I love everything about it.
Hugs Mau xx

Miss NiceRoad said...

Oh My, this is absolutely beautiful! I Love Norland collection!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, superstar !!!! You can rock the sepia -- & vintage like nobody's business!!! :)) :))
Just love the look -- & I am so scared to do this myself !! You give me hope... Lol !! Xo

~ginny said...

What a gorgeous card!! Your coloring skills are masterful - I enjoy inspecting your technique with shadows and highlights. the off the page post card is a really nice detail element with out going over the top (pardon the pun!) Delightful
Amanda!
~ginny
RubberMAD at GettyCollection.com

Patty Sue 2 said...

Drop dead beautiful. I love this image and all the other ragged kids. Such beautiful coloring! Your vintage is beautiful!

Colinda said...

This is sooo Amazing!! Alsolutly stunning colouring!!
So beautiful!
Have a great weekend, Colinda

Anja said...

This is such a beautiful card, Amanda! I LOVE your coloring!
Have a nice weekend, Anja

Tracy said...

Ahhhh so beautiful Amanda. Your coloring is always a joy to see. The postcard is a great choice of embellishment and I love the sentiment piece. So pretty. Hugs!

Kim Bell said...

Amanda
Your card beautiful!! Love your DP Amazing and the post card!!!

Hugz
Kim

Anja said...

I only can say "WOW"! This is such a perfect vintage card ... and without destroying the beautiful paper! Just stunning!

Hugs, Anja

Pat said...

Ooooh Amanda!! I so love this card, m'dear! One of my fave Mo "Ragged" images! And what beautiful coloring!! I love the postcard and "ivy" embellishments! Perfectly vintage! Hugs. Pat