Thursday, October 10, 2013

Something sweet!

Hello everyone! Today I am back with another card for Mo's Digital Pencil and our hostess this week is the wonderful Tracy and she is asking us to make something along the theme of "Something sweet or good to eat". Now, with the selection available at Mo's this should be a piece of cake, yes, pun intended!

I have chosen to use an older image, this is Dormouse and also my first attempt to color an entire image in pencils. I like the mouse but think I will be sticking to my copics.

Papers are an older MME pad and sorry but I didn't keep track of the pencils I used since I was just sorta grabbing whatever I thought might work. The sentiment is from Whimsy stamps and I have added some puffy paint and a touch of glitter to the cupcake. Okay, we love to see what you are able to show us so please play along and you will also be in the running for  a $5 gift certificate from the store. I can't wait to see what new images are coming up for winter!

10 comments:

Mau xx said...

This is so sweet Amanda and beautiful Colouring.
Huge Hugs Mau xx

Shona Erlenborn said...

"sorta grabbing whatever I thought might work". Wish I could say that! I think your pencil coloring is just awesome! What a great image too!

Elaine said...

Fabulous Amanda!
I think your pencil colouring is pretty darn amazing...a gazillion times better than mine ever was ha!
Love that cake and the frosting, yum yum yum!

Big hugs
Me xxx

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amanda, this turned out very cute. I think you did a great job with your pencils, but I am with you. I think I like my Copics more. I do want to try the color with Copics then use your pencils to highlight or add a touch here or there to the card. I don't know that I am brave enough for that just yet. lol,,. If I colored up something with my pens and then ruined it by adding some pencil in the wrong place I would be so sad. :O( Anyway my friend I really like both your stamps here. I think the sentiment one is just adorable! Great papers as well. Some of my favorite. Hope you have a great day. I am off to work now. Hugs, Lisa

Pat said...

Bwahahaha! "Piece of cake"...I love it!! And I love this card, girlfriend!! I think your pencil coloring is gorgeous...but I know what you mean about Copics. They're just so effortless...I feel like I have to think so hard when I color with pencils! hehe! Seriously, though, your coloring is fabulous!! I love the way you made this sweet Mo image the absolute focal point! I love it! Sending hugs up north to you!! Pat Frank

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet!! Pun intended...!
Blogger has been such a stinker -- this is my 2nd attempt at commenting...!
I love what you did with the pencils --- everything looks soft & pretty!
The frosting looks amazing & fun!!
Time for me to go get some puffy paint... Lol !! Xo

Franz♥ said...

Hiya Amanda!

What a lovely card sweetie, funny image and fab papers! Love the glittered edge :)

A big hug, Franz.

Kim Bell said...

Amanda
Your card is awesome. Love the colors you chose for the pencils. I agree do love the Copics but, change is good now and then-smiles

Hugz
Kim

Anja said...

Amanda, I absolutely love your card and your coloring results with the pencils! The papers are gorgeous and the icing of the cupcake looks soo yummy!

Hugs, Anja

Tracy said...

Well girl I see nothing wrong with your pencil work. I haven't quite figured out how to blend as well with them as the Copics. The added texture on the cupcake look great too. Hugs!