Wednesday, June 6, 2012

More SCACD projects!

Hi everyone! So what did you think about the new release from SCACD? I know it is making me think outside of what I normally do but I don't think we can really grow as artists unless we allow ourselves to do something a little different occasionally, right?

For today I have altered a small peg hook I picked up in the clearance section at my local craft store.


I painted the background with Pomegranite silks, stamped the Solid blank canvas woman after painting the stamp with the same silk and as you can see it is somewhat sheer but picks up the detail nicely. I have also used the sentiment Makes me Stronger which you get for free when you buy the entire collection. I have inked the edges of all of my elements with some vintage photo distress ink and used one of the new Classic Corners dies by SCACD and embossed it with some gold embossing powder. A silk flower in the corner and all done. Take a look around your home and see if you can't find something to alter, if it is a free container what have you go to lose?

9 comments:

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Wow! What is pomegranate silks? I really like the texture and it is amazing for stamping silhouettes! I really love this Amanda it is just so elegant :D

Anita said...

This is beautiful Amanda! Wow, your talent continues to amaze me!

Ann said...

Awesome, love it.

Lisa Jane said...

Not your usual style - but still as gorgeous .. i love it
Lisa x

Clare said...

Wow Amanda I love this and you are so right about about doing something out of the box. I do think sometime we are scared to try new things but we don't know unless we try!!!. I think it is gorgeous anyway hun. Thank you for the lovely comment you just left. I think that your words were very true about the animals. I think they turn up for a reason and im sure it is god steering them in the right direction I will always look after these gorgeous creatures anyway. Hope Sinbad and Lucy are well. May have to put some pics up of them for me!!!. Big hugs Clare xxx

Elaine said...

This is so beautiful Amanda. Not at all what I'm used to seeing from you, but you did an awesome job (I would still be hiding under my desk and crying!)

Hugs
Me xxx

Patty Sue 2 said...

I would be hanging out with Elaine as I wouldn't have had a clue what to do. Your are amazing GF and I love your creation!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Now that's recycling!! From a peg to a work of art. You go girl!

Karin said...

How very cool! Love this unexpected post from you...The vintage look is fantastic :)