Monday, February 13, 2012

Marguerita time!

Well, seeing as how it is still winter I thought maybe everyone would like to have a little taste of some tropical weather so I made a couple of cards with that in mind.



I am not much of a drinker so not sure what type of alcoholic beverages these are but the colors worked for me. I added some glitter to the edges of both images using tearific tape and the fabulous glitter from Sparkle N Sprinkle. The instructions for both cards are available in the gallery. Hope these made you feel a little warmer!

10 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love your coloring Amanda. You made the drinks so lifelike - I'm sorry it's not five o'clock yet!

Ann said...

WOW! Bright fun colors. Your coloring is very pretty too. It is snowing here right now and suppose to snow all day. I am waiting to get the call that my sons school is releasing early. Sending a hug.

Brenda said...

Those cards just pop right off the page!!! I love your use of glossy accents to make them "glow".

Vicky said...

Wow...fabulous cards hun...love the bright colours and the drinks look wonderful sweetie..

big hugs Vicky xx

Shanna Shands said...

Hey Amanda.... It is only 12 noon where I am but I am glad you made a drink or two or three lol! Definitely gave me my little Florida I was suppose to be having this week!

NanaConnie said...

Love the colors, Amanda! Great paper choice on the first card and the glitter border you did on the second is fabulous!

Karin said...

I'm glad those are just on a card, because they are way to pretty to drink! Love the sugary glitter on the rim :)

Donna Ellis said...

Splendid colors and magnificent combinations of texture - all perfect with the tropical feel you were talking about! Wow!

Julie Z said...

These are just delightful Amanda! Love how shiny your glasses came out! And your photo's show the shine SO perfectly - like you're looking at a real glass! Great job on these!!

Mary J said...

Wonderful Amanda!! Gorgeous colours and love the gloss!