Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mothers Day!

Hello and Happy Mothers Day to all of my fellow moms out there, even though I only have cats they  were very thoughtful and "bought" me a couple of hanging baskets. They know who manages the treats around this house haha!

I wanted to show you the card I made for my mom today, it is from a new to me website called Power Poppy and I am in LOVE with these images! I have always loved floral images and am managing to find the time to color some of them up now. This definitely won't be my last card with their images.

Here is my card, very simple so the image is the main focus.

I have used a combination of copics and Shinhan marker son this, my ribbon is from the Stamp Simply ribbon store and the pearl center is a gift from my BFF Elaine.

I would like to enter this into the Power Poppy color challenge.

8 comments:

Patty Sue 2 said...

Happy Mother's Day...I can only imagine the pleasure your cats had picking out the perfect hanging baskets for you! Love you card for you mom and I know she will be overjoyed with it also. Beautiful coloring and fabulous image!

Dawn B. said...

What a beautiful job of coloring these peonies. They are so pretty in these colors. Thanks for joining us at Power Poppy.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my goodness, your coloring is amazing on this! Love how you worked in the yellow, orange, and green, and set it on such a lovely shaped mat and background. I'm looking forward to seeing more from you with Marcella's images. You definitely have the coloring gene. I'm so glad you could play in our first ever Power Poppy challenge!

Allison Cope said...

Goodness me! This is beautiful Amanda! I love the detail of your blossom colouring - so rich! Beautiful card design too! Thanks for playing along with our challenge at Power Poppy!

ChristineCreations said...

Amanda your colouring is stunning on these peonies! Gorgeous card! And beautifully embellished too! So fun to have you join us in our first challenge at Power Poppy!

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is beautiful Amanda. Love the background paper too - allows the beautifully colored image to shine! Gorgeous ribbon and embellishment too!

Julie Koerber said...

Holy cow -- your coloring is OUT OF THIS WORLD! I could stare at your card all day! I am sure your mom loved it!!! Thanks for joining us gals over at Power Poppy! :-)

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous! Wow... your coloring is outstanding, beautiful all around!