Saturday, March 3, 2012

Double trouble!

Saturday at last! Hope everyone has had a great week and are looking forward to an awesome weekend. Today's post is for the challenge at Kraftin Kimmie's and our hostess this week is Cheryl and she wants us to use two images on our project. She has used the awesome new image Gadget Girl on her card and if you play along and your name gets picked then you get this stamp, for free!

I have used two of the fairy stamps by Annie Rodrigue and tried to use my background paper as the setting for a little forest scene. I made my own pearl flourish by cutting out an acetate flourish then using liquid pearls on it. Not too bad but can use some practice. One tip I forgot, when you are cutting out images this closely, it is always nice to outline them in black marker, makes them look a little more finished. I tried to pull mine off to fix it but they aren't going anywhere now! Also, the Frugal Friday specials are now available so click on the link to see what is on sale, but only til Sunday!

19 comments:

Sue U said...

Wow! Love these two together they look like the are up to a bit of fairy mischief!! Great papers and love the florish too xx

Faye said...

Oooooh, me likey, me likey alot. xxx

Fiona said...

what a sweet card...love the layout and your colouring is fabby!!

Fi
x

Trina said...

So awesome!

Shona Erlenborn said...

I love the impish fairies! Such a beautiful scene.

Kerry said...

The pp is a perfect background scene Amanda. The acetate was a great idea as was the flourish for the butterfly 'ehaust' lol. Gorgeous xx

Ann said...

Very cute, I love how you used the paper. Pearl swirl is a nice touch too.

gobeagirl said...

Amanda can you my long paaz? OMWord, this is GORGEOUS!!!! Oh wait did I say GORGEOUS? I always laugh as we are always the hardest on ourselves, but OMWord.... This is truly GORGEOUS! To me it looks like a painting by Rembrandt. Your papar are just fantastic and you have colored these two sweethearts to perfection. I love that you used some paper flowers to bring out a 3D effect to your card. Great job on your homemade pearl swirl. I would love to see how you made this step by step. Can you imagine not having to pay for all those that we have to have? lol... Anyway my friend no kidding this is truly GORGEOUS and I a just love it. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Lisa

Hanneke said...

Wow, wonderful card! Those fairies are gorgeous! Wonderful coloring! THe butterfly with pearl swirls is gorgeous! Hugs, Hanneke

NanaConnie said...

What a gorgeously fun card, Amanda! Love the way you did the butterfly with the swirl. Very effective!

Vicky said...

So beautiful Amanda...:o)

have a lovely evening sweetie...big hugs Vicky xx

Mary J said...

Fab idea Amanda! This is sooooo pretty!

Sandy Smith said...

Magical!

Alice said...

jaw dropping beauty, girl! love love this beautiful scene. gorgeous card as always, Amanda!

Gerlinde said...

Hi Amanda! Love this card! I've awarded you the "Liebster Blog" award. Check out my blog to find out why! (http://mycreativecorner-gerlinde.blogspot.com/)

Jenny said...

OMG! Can you just stop it! Another fabulous card! Look at that cutting out!!!! OMG!
hugs :) x

Sharon Caudle said...

Hey chica!! I LOOOVE what you did with these two stamps!! You created the absolute perfect setting for them and they look so enamored with that gorgeous butterfly! Awesome job creating your own pearl flourish! Beautiful coloring and design!
hugs, Sharon

Karin said...

First let me say, thank you so so much for your sweet comment on the blog :) This card is just beautiful! Love the fairies and the clever handmade flourish! Lovely must try tip :)

Patty Sue 2 said...

Ok...I have card envy! I love this darling card! It is double delicious!