Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Oceanic eyes

Hi everyone! I hope you have all had a wonderful holiday if you are here in the states. I have a couple of days off this week so definitely hoping to get some crafting in. Today I am showcasing my last card as a member of the SCACD dt. Susana and the rest of the team are wonderful to work with but since I have accepted an invitation to be on another team that I have always dreamed of being on something had to give and unfortunately it was SCACD. But if you ever get a little note from Susana asking if you would like to design for her, definitely consider it. She is a wonderful generous person to design for. Ok, now for my card.

This is Oceanic eyes from the latest release and I believe the papers are older prima. She is colored with copics and Shinhan markers and cut out with a spellbinders die. I have colored the matching little crab with copics also then applied a layer of glossy accents. I have also used a Viva Decor glitter liner in hologram around the edges of my sentiment. Love it cause it adds such a nice fine line of glitter. Ok, have a good day and make sure to check out the other SCACD girls blogs for some more inspiration.

10 comments:

Mary J said...

Stunning! I love the glittery corner and fab colouring!

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a beautiful creation to end that DT term with. The background paper matches your image perfectly.

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Oooh love her!!! The two tone in her tail is beautiful....loving her hair too. Which ink did you use around her? Oh those papers are lush too! :)

Karin said...

Hi Amazing Amanda! She is too pretty for words and I love the corner flourish, looks like something from under the sea :) Congrats on the new DT position, I can't wait to see what you make!

NanaConnie said...

Wonderful color combo, Amanda, and I love your coloring! Marvelous die, too. Great design, especially the corner piece.

Anita said...

Gorgeous card Amanda. Beautiful coloring and I love the sparkly corner die.

Kathi said...

Fabulous card!

Oceanic Eyes is colored beautifully. I especially love how you colored her tail!

You know that I'm going to miss you! :(

Patty Sue 2 said...

You certainly know how to go out with a bang! This is beautiful! Do you ever have trouble with this Spellbinders die sticking and hard to remove paper???

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Wow - aside from your gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous coloring (love her tail) that die cut is terrific!!! I also like that corner element too!!

You are outstanding Amanda! And no......Buddy's still not 'allowed' on the couch!

Julie Z said...

Can I just say that you are amazing when working with mermaids! I don't think I've ever seen one you did that I didn't just LOVE!

That two tone tail is just amazing! Plus the little crab, the background paper, the spellbinder choice, and the corner element - just FABULOUS Amanda!!