Thursday, August 28, 2014

Back to School!

Wow! I can't believe it has been two weeks since I posted last! Lots going on in the Reed household lately, some good, some not so much but hopefully I will be able to do a bit more crafting soon. I am actually on vacation this week but my husband is not listening to me when I say I need some crafting time, I believe he will regret that decision as the week progresses haha!

Today is time for another new challenge over at Mo's DP challenge and the so very talented Tracy is our hostess and she has asked us to use the theme "Back to School" for our projects this week. I have chose to use the image Bye Bye for my card.


I have to confess I was really trying to put lots of pleats in her pants and made them way too dark so I took my colorless blender pen to lighten them up and think it almost looks more like denim that way! I am taking the classes over at Kit and Clowder if you are looking for some great coloring techniques you should check them out!

Okay, don't forget that Mo is giving away a voucher to the store for the random winner for each challenge so make sure to play along, she has just added some great images and I know more are coming!

7 comments:

Janie Printz said...

Amanda this is the cutest image ever & your coloring is simply amazing. I'm the one that needs lessons in that department you are a PRO at it. Always love how you shade things & your cards are just adorable.
Janie

NanaConnie said...

This is just too cute, Amanda! Your coloring is always so fantastic, I can't imagine you needing classes. :-D Love, love, LOVE her hair!

Shona Erlenborn said...

How cute is this? Just love it with that sentiment. Thanks for sharing the info on the classes.

Elaine said...

This is just perfect. Your colouring is always amazing..her jeans look so realistic. Love the colours and the whole design of the card.

Big hugs
Me xxx

Icurkapicurka said...

So cute card and beautiful coloring, I'm glad to find your blog.

Amanda Jensen said...

oh sweety, this image is gorgeous, and yes.. i can so relate to the using the colourless blender to try and take out colour to make highlights to form pleats.. i've been doing that a bit myself lately!! LOL... but we will get there.. this clothing colouring is HARD WORK!! but the clothing still looks FABULOUS!! and your hair amazing!! you can tell you have that down pat.. :) Xo

Frk. Bogstad said...