Sunday, July 22, 2012

Hugs and Kisses challenge

Almost Monday but what a wonderful weekend I have had. Got up early yesterday and did some cleaning around the house, did laundry, got groceries and had time to play in my craft room. I was in the mood to play with some of my paper flowers after chatting about them with some friends and I wanted to enter the DP2 Challenge again to hopefully increase my chances of being offered a guest dt position. The challenge this week is "Hugs and Kisses" and what could symbolize that better than a baby and her teddy huh?

I tried to give the bear a little texture with the washcloth and colorless blender technique and really let the paper stand out rather than do my usual multiple layers. I did add some flowers and a butterfly cause all little girls look better surrounded by flowers. Alright, hope everyone has a wonderful week and I will see you back here on Wednesday for a blog hop I am participating in.

12 comments:

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Awww so cute! I love the texture on the little bear.....but look at all those pretty flowers! And the butterfly!!! AWESOME! :D

Sharon said...

This is a gorgeous card Amanda. Just love it. Stunning layout and your papers are divine. Love your floral arrangement in the corner. hugs Sharon x

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

This is tremendous Amanda!!!!!!! I love the texture you gave the teddy bear! He looks terrific! The sand is just perfect too!!! WOW - that circle die and all those gorgeous flowers! You really know how to put a card together!!

I can't believe stamp companies aren't throwing themselves at YOU!!!

Sheri said...

Wow! This is so lovely Amanda!! What stunning papers and layout and coloring! Oh my!! :)

Sharon Caudle said...

OH OH OH!!!! Do you need my address?? Cause I KNOW you LOVE me and really WANT to send me hugs, right? heehee This is so stinkin' FABULOUS, Amanda! LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors, that adorable image which is beautifully colored, and those yummy papers and flowers! GORGEOUS!!!
hugs, Sharon

Alice said...

sweetness! love all the details. gorgeous work as always, Amanda!

Mary J said...

Hello gorgeous! And wow, what a gorgeous card too - beautifully coloured as usual and love your embellishing!

Dilyana said...

Adorable card! You absolutelly deserve the DT place :-)

Debbie said...

This is just STUNNING!!! Love the papers you used. thanks for joining us this week at Mo's.

Hugs
Debbie

Pat said...

Hi Amanda! Oh...what a perfect image for this week's challenge theme! I love this cutie (and just realized that I don't own her...yet! aacck!) Your coloring is so pretty...and I just love the papers and flowers! Yummy colors too! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Mo's! Hugs. Pat Frank

Anita said...

This is gorgeous Amanda and you picked the perfect Mo image for this challenge. Good luck on the gdt call - you'd be perfect for Mo's images!

Patty Sue 2 said...

How sweet is this. I love the background paper and the glitter around the image! Beautiful job my friend!