Saturday, January 29, 2011

Wishin for warm weather...

Today is Saturday and I am glad it is the weekend but for some reason spring fever is starting to creep up on me. We have one of the lucky ones and our winter really hasn't been too bad this year, especially compared to last year and what most of the country is going thru. But it has been gray and dreary the past few days so that always makes me wish for bright springlike colors so I made a couple of cards with that thought in mind. This first one is a house mouse stamp I have had for awhile, I think they are so adorable but only have a few. May have to check around and see if I come across any although I don't believe Michaels and Joanns carry them. This is for the Simon Says Stamp challenge which is to use an animal image on your card. Not quite happy with this card but it has set on my desk for several days and since I can't quite pinpoint what I don't like about it I am going to call it done and move on.



This is my second card for today which I am much happier with. I am entering it into the Cute Card Thursday which was to use a sketch and into challenge 63 at Color and Create which is to use lemon, green and white and for the kraftin kimmie challenge which is to reuse and recycle. Wow! That is a lot of challenges for me!  I have used some bridal flowers I have had for years up in the corner and some clearance cardstock I had laying around for the kraftin kimmie challenge. Well, that is it for me for now, hopefully will get a chance to play a bit more later. Have a great weekend!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Two fabulous cards - i love the bright colours
Lisa ;)

Patty Sue 2 said...

I am with you GF I am so ready for spring! I love both your card. I think you had a difficult color combo on the first one and you certainly pulled it together. It is a very cute card and will brighten someone's day! The second card just makes me smile, I love the image and you have made her look sassy! Love the colors and your coloring is just getting better and better! Amazing!

Mina said...

two gorgeous cards Amanda, beautifully coloured...thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge
Mina xxx

debby4000 said...

Oh gorgeous, adorable cards and love the vibrant colours..
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby