Monday, August 1, 2011

My buddy support system...

I wanted to post a card tonite with a card I have been working on over the past couple of days showing a new technique I have been fiddling with. It is 3D paper piecing of the images and I was inspired by Mariskas blog. The dimension she gets on her images is just amazing. So I figured I would give it a shot and here is my second attempt.

Not sure how well you can tell but there is approximately a dozen different layers on this image and irl it looks really neat. I tried to take a close up but not sure it shows it any better. Anyways, my blog title is to thank, first of all, all of the friends I have made and for their encouragement over the past year. And secondly a special thanks to my buddy Elaine, whom I know you all hear me gab about occasionally, cause she is already purchasing me the special glue needed to do a better job with the technique. I mean really, how many friends here in the states would do that let alone someone in a different country entirely? Are we not lucky to be in this cardmaking hobby and meet/chat with so many different people? I, for one, am feeling very blessed tonite when I think back to all of the great people I email and chat with and a lot of them on almost a daily basis. Ok, enough mush, it is almost my bedtime so I guess that is why I am rambling. But thanks again guys, you make my life a better place to be! Oh, I am entering this into the Cute Card Thursday challenge also which is the same sketch I used for yesterdays card. Would love to win me some new Kraftin Kimmie stamps but haven't been able to play in a lot of her challenges cause I already have some of those stamps and don't want to enter to win something I already have, not really fair to do that to others imho. Ok, I will shut up now and go to bed! Oh, and Wild Orchid Crafts cause there is a bear on it.

8 comments:

gobeagirl said...

Amanda, this is really cool looking. I would love to see a tuturial on how you do this. Really awesome card and coloring as always. Hugs,Lisa

Pami said...

This is just megamazing Amanda, your colouring is awesome and what a great idea to make it 3D. I agree with you that it's wonderful to have found new friends in this way, I never realised it would have such an impact on my life! Have a great day. Pami x

Lisa Jane said...

This is fab.. i love decoupage and your image looks amazing... i would love hair like that lol
Crafting buddys are the best lol
Lisa x

Mary J said...

Wow, Amanda you must have the patience of an angel! This is so amazing - well worth all of the effort!

Jenny said...

Once again - a fabulous card Amanda. That hair colouring is fantastic and i am going to have your image next to me next time I colour ringlets as my inspiration. I too am loving this wonderful 'community' feel from people all over the world like you all just live next door. Pop in for a cuppa anytime :-) hugs jenny x

Sue said...

Crikey, what a work of art Amanda!! She's stunning... keep entering the Kraftin Kimmie challenges, I'm always happy to house duplicate stamps for you :-D
Sue xx

Elaine said...

Firstly..this is awesome Amanda. But Cor Blimey there's a LOT of different bits to this design! Couldn't you pick something easier? Oh no, you have to go wading in..look at all that hair for a start! I love the ringlets but so time consuming. You have a lot more patience than I do, but it is well worth all your time.

The glue has been posted today, so fingers crossed it doesn't take too long to reach you.
What you didn't say was that you would do (and you have done)the same for me..so we are both blessed with our friends.
Crafters are the nicest people ever..though some ARE a little nutty ;)

Hugs
You xxx

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, this is just gorgeous, great colours too, thanks for joining us at Wild Orchid Craft's this week big hugs Pops x x x