Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Craft room redo and another card!

Whew, three posts in one day! I am on a roll, errr, it is raining outside so I had a chance to play inside actually. My next card is for several challenges and I have used an Emerald Faerie for my image.
There are perfect pearls in the center of each corner flower, unfortunately the flowers seem to have soaked up some of the pearls so they are a smidgen flat. WOC flowers in the corners and some prima bling in the other corner. I have cut out an additional wing to pop it up and added some stickles to it and although it doesn't show in the picture, the ribbon also has a slight shimmer to it. I would like to enter my card into the following challenges.
Emerald faeries, bling it up
Wild orchid crafts challenge, sketch
Bearly Mine challenge Anything goes

I have also had a couple of people ask about my craft room so here are a few pictures. Unfortunately I don't have any before pictures but trust me, the floor had stuff all over it and the counter wasn't usually  much better. The pictures aren't the greatest because it is evening but you get the idea.
The door to my room with the doll my friend Patty sent me for my birthday in a place of honor.  Some of my punches stored on the wall and most of my glitter and pearl pens are stored on the door.

 This is the closet I ripped apart (had old pressboard falling apart shelves in it) and installed (all by myself Elaine!) new wire shelving.
 This is my main work table with my copics and a nice window to spy on the neighbors from.
 This is the new counter I installed (again all by myself, no patience in this girl!) but yet to put everything away. I wanted to be able to leave my cuttlebug and sewing machine out. Need to work in the space for awhile to see where everything needs to go. And in the corner is my little space for my "real job" stuff.
And finally by bookcase. I had two of these to start with but moved one out for my husband to use since I now had the closet. Again, sorry about the poor quality of the pictures.

22 comments:

Patty said...

Your room is lovely, I almost felt like I was there. I love all the desktop space you have, mine is not so big...I am glad your doll...you really should name her...has a place of honor. Look at you knocking out three cards at once...and all of them are killers! Way to go Amanda...you are rocking!

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Beautiful cards...such cute images...thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine .................
Hugs
Judith

Vicky said...

Such a gorgeous card Amanda...love the image and your stunning colouring hun....and a mega WOW for your craft room....Can I come round to play...lol..!

hugs Vicky xx

Fiona said...

Amanda...fab card, that faerie is soo adorable. I made my first Emerald Faerie yesterday too!! Your craft room looks fab, mine feels more like a cupboard than a room now that I have seen yours!!

Fi
x

Lisa Jane said...

Fab card - gorgeous colours
I absolutely love your craft room. Beats my plastic box and dining room table lol
Lisa x

Natalie Z. *Paselska* said...

WOW, WO, WOW, absolutely Stunning Card!!!! Thanks for playing with us at The Emerald Faeries Garden Challenge.

Hugs Natalie xx

Iulia said...

Oh, your card is absolutely fantastic! Your coloring is simply perfect and the earthy colors look fantastic! Great card!
Thnaks for sharing it with us at Emerald Faerie Garden and hope to hear again from you soon!
Hugs, Iulia

Mary J said...

I bloomin' ADORE your card, Amanda!! Send it to me please!!!!

What a great craft room - it's about the same size as mine but yours if far far far more tidier!!

pinky said...

What a little cutie Amanda, beautifully coloured again. Loving your craft room, such a great space and looks really well organised.

amanda stokes said...

Hi Amanda
Gorgeous card,love the image and papers
What a fab craft room you have too
:) xx

Sue said...

Thank you for sharing the pics of your new craft room, I'm jealous now!! Beautiful card, I've not got any of those images, but once again you have tempted me! Sue xx

Anita said...

Beautiful card. I love that little fairy and your coloring is fabulous. Oh, your craft room looks so nice and tidy. Could you please come work magic on mine?

Rusty said...

Beautiful card, absolutely stunning!! I am so jealous of your craft room xxx

Faye said...

OMG. I want to live in your craft room. I could sleep under the desk and I wouldn't be any trouble. You could just throw me choklit once a day or so...
Oh and I love the card. This image goes perfectly with the fabby papers. xxx

Elaine said...

Cor Blimey Amanda! You have been a busy little munchkin! All of these cards are delicious, bright and beautiful.
As for your craft room, it is HUGE compared to mine and it looks very neat, tidy and organised. I may have to bob over to rummage through your stuff!
Hugs from me xx

Karin said...

I love your beautiful card with your usual fab coloring...The rhinestone flourish gives it that extra bit of wow too :)

I am, however, most impressed by your amazing craft room! I love that you did so much yourself (reach over and pat your back again!) as far as the shelving and all! Simply fantastic Amanda!

Julie said...

Such a gorgeous card Amanda! Your emerald Fairy is just gorgeous!!! I think I'll have to get you to stay when my craft cabins ready,I could sure do with your organisational skills! Have a great weekend,Julie x

Kerry said...

Oh Amanda...I want your room!!! I have so much clutter in mine that it's getting smaller and smaller. I'm sure it must be 12 x 12 but I only have a 3 x 3 space to move in! I wish you many happy hours of crafting in it :-D xx

ps Your card is gorgeous too lol. Love the pp and flowers :-D

Crafteezee said...

Beautiful, love the colours and your colouring is gorgeous. Thanks for the tour of your craft room. Thanks for sharing with us at Bearly Mine. Hugs Tracy x

Viv said...

Gorgeous card! Love her popped out wings!
Thanks for playing in The Emerald Faerie Garden. Viv :)

Deb Mitchell said...

Ohhh this is stunning- gorgeous work Hun! Thank you so much for playing along with us this fornight at The Emerald Faeries Garden!

Hugz Deb/ Owner

tiggertastic said...

my god this is amazing !!! i am loving the papers and the bright stunning colouring

Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog

Designing for:
Crafty Purple Frog , Sweet Pea Stampers ,Bearly Mine Designs and Kenny K